Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dear Jayden


I was sitting at home a couple days ago and started thinking about things. Wondering if I tell my son how much he means to me and how special I think he is enough. I mean, I know he knows I love him and we say it a billion times a day, but I wonder if he completely gets it. Jayden is much like me, in that his love language is words of affirmation. I need to hear nice things and when kind words are spoken to me it makes my day. I wanted to sit down and write Jayden a little letter letting him know some of the reasons I think he is special. I knew that when he read it he would feel so loved, and just the thought of the way it would make him feel made me smile. I always write him I Love You's in his lunch or on his marker board, but this was going to be about his great qualities.

So here is my letter:

Dear Jayden,

I love you and wanted to tell you some of the reasons I think you are special.
1. You are SO sweet!
2. You are helpful, even without being asked.
3. You are super smart.
4. You are fun to be around.
5. You make me smile.
6. You hug me even when people are around.
7. You have such a love for animals.
8. You are a hard worker.
9. You can make friends wherever you go.
10. You have the BIGGEST heart!!
That's just 10 of the million reasons I think you are special!
Love, Mommy

I kept it simple and sweet. Watching him read it and the reaction I got (hugs and kisses) makes me want to write a million more letters! He even said, "mom, do you mean all of that?" Which made me tear up because I really thought he knew that I thought all those things. Moral of the story.... Tell your kiddos often how special they are and how much you love them. Point out specific things. It's those things they will remember and will shape them into loving, caring young people.

Do you have any special things you do to let your kiddos know just how awesome they are? If so, I'd love to hear!

Lots of Love friends!! xoxoxo


2 comments: