Thursday, September 5, 2013

Learn to just be thankful for the now

You know the saying "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"... Well sometimes that is not so easy to do. I am for the most part a super happy- go- lucky person. I try not to stress too much and just really enjoy the life that I have been given. I have a wonderful husband who works really hard so I can stay at home and an amazing, sometimes crazy, 8 year son who is my world. That sounds great right? But there is always that word MORE that comes into play. I'm not talking about material things. I can honestly say that I have been over the keeping up with the Joneses for a while now. The more stuff you have the more stuff you have to clean! Enough said. The more I'm talking about is, in my case, children. I never planned on being 31 yrs old and only having 1 child. I thought I would at least have 2 or 3. Life doesn't always go as planned and I am just now realizing that instead of feeling sorry for myself I need to just be thankful that God has allowed me to be a mom at all. I am so absolutely blessed to have my son and really couldn't have asked for a better kiddo. Maybe someday I will go into the struggles we have gone through in this infertility whirl wind but for now I will just keep it short. God has a plan for us all and in order to really live life to its fullest and appreciate everything we do have, we have to know that He only gives us what we can handle. So my thoughts for today will be positive! I am SO thankful for this day and no matter what comes next I will walk into it with a smile!
Lots of Love! xoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. SO true about being thankful for what we have. I think that in the American Culture that is so hard to do and yet we need to get better at it. we need to be content at where we are at and we need to not want more and more. There are kids in Africa who have nothing and yet they are the most happy kids I have ever seen. Sometimes this culture makes me sick with how consumed we are with material things and the want for more. Thanks for sharing with us and those pictures of your family are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete