Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Tuesday Tip



The last couple of weeks we have been trying to completely rid our house of all the extra stuff we have accumulated over the almost 13 years we've lived here. I can not believe how much junk we have!! So we started making piles.... Garage sale, Donate, trash... You get the picture. Well, I came across a baggy of old gold and silver jewelry that my grandma gave me a LONG time ago while cleaning out her jewelry box. I thought it was just random costume jewelry and I knew I would never wear it, so I thought about just throwing it out or giving it away. While talking to one of my friends, she told me about how our jewelry store in town buys old gold and silver jewelry and she said I should give it a try. I am always up for bringing in a buck or two to help out, so I thought why not.
I went up to the store and waited while they picked out what they wanted, weighed it and then came to me with a paper stating what they would give me for it. To my surpirse the offer they handed me was for $250!!! I was shocked to say the least. I, of course, accepted their offer and left with my check in hand. So my advice to you, if you are needing a little cash, or just hate throwing away old jewelry but don't know what to do with it, take it to your local jewelry store and see what you walk away with. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment