Tuesday, October 15, 2013

advice please?

My son struggles with anxiety and fear of the unknown. (It is unfortunately a pass down from my husband and myself). He is a creature of habit and is very orderly and likes consistency. Don't get me wrong, he is also a crazy fun kid, but very hesitant to try new things... especially without me there. We are really working on this and tell him that it is okay to have these feelings and it is completely normal to be afraid to do something new. We tell him he needs to talk to us about how he is feeling so we can come up with a solution to make sure he doesn't miss out on the new adventures life has in store for us. Below is a letter he typed me last night after we talked about him starting guitar lessons. This has been something he has wanted to do for about a year now and we finally found a music teacher that does lessons. It just breaks my heart that my child has to deal with these issues and I don't know how to fix it for him. I just want him to be able to have a carefree childhood and let me do the worrying for him. Any advice from you mommies out there would be so appreciated!! Lots of Love my friends!! xoxoxo


The letter: remember... he is 8 years old....


Dear Mom,
I really wanted to play Guitar but the nervousness in holding me back from it. If I try ill be scared to do it.. but I want you to come to my first second or third one even if you want to stand outside the door it would make me really happy
But the stress of doing it is killing me and I just wanted you to know how I was feeling and that I was scared
Signed, Jayden

No comments:

Post a Comment