Thursday, October 17, 2013

This online world and change



When I first started following blogs, I didn't really expect to get more out of it than maybe an idea for a new recipe or something fun to do with my family. I really never expected to be so inspired and touched by these people I've never met. I have changed so much since being introduced to this online world. I was and still kind of am a pretty private person to an extent. I have always had trouble with putting myself out there and showing any flaws. Don't get me wrong, I am a completely personable person and can talk to and make friends with just about anyone. I always give my all in my friendships, but there is that piece of me that is hidden. The part that is afraid if I tell someone my husband and I had a disagreement, that they would think that our marriage isn't solid and happy. The part that wants to just tell the good parts of our everyday and not the sometimes difficult times. We mostly have great days and I do want that to be the shining light of what people see, but I also want them to know that we are human too. There are days when my son is being so crazy stubborn and is sent to his room a half dozen times. I think in reading some of my favorite blogs this week I have realized that everyone has these same thoughts. It is comforting to know that I am not alone in this.

About 2 years ago, my husband and I deactivated our facebook accounts. We just felt that there was a lot of negetivity and fakeness that we didn't need in our lives. It was a HUGE relief, as weird as that sounds. I felt like people were trying to "keep up with the Joneses" and one up each other. I started to feel like I was being brought down by that whole world and wanted to focus more on the positive and my family. So, fast forward 2 years, and there is this instagram network I come across while reading blogs. I was so hesitant to join, but I decided to give it a try. Boy am I glad I did!! I have connected with some amazing women and have been so uplifted by them to the point of tears. I feel like when you see someones life through pictures, you just get the feeling that you know them. You can see the good times, the crazy times, and sometimes the sad times. I am so thankful for these online friends and hope to continue this journey of life with everyone watching. If I can inspire someone as much as I've been inspired than I feel like it is all worth it.














Thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of this online world and I really hope that you come back! Lots of Love!! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. soooooooo, definitely kindred spirits!!!! i actually had a different, private blog for the last two years before finally decided to make a public one a few months ago...i am incredibly private by nature and highly intimidated to share the story of my life...through the encouragement that I found through other blogs/friends/family and huge nudges from God, I finally decided to open up and share. I read these verses yesterday and they were huge confirmation (“Here’s another way to put it: You’re here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We’re going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don’t think I’m going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I’m putting you on a light stand. Now that I’ve put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you’ll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven" Matthew 5:14-16 in the Message)....and then this post today!! love how that happens! thank you SO much for sharing your life...I have already been blessed greatly!!!!!! much love!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this! I love the verses! :) It is so crazy how things come about at just the right time and everything falls into place. I truly believe people are put into our lives for a reason and I couldn't be more blessed. You are inspiring! Thank you for sharing your life and I can't wait to see what great things come for the both of us! Lots of Love my friend!!! xoxoxo

      Delete