Thursday, November 21, 2013
Fear is something that I know everyone has. It doesn't matter if you are a mom or not, fear can creep into your head and try and overtake you. I never really had a whole lot of fear before I had my son. Well, at least nothing that would consume me. I had learned to not let myself go there with my husband being a firefighter. If I allowed myself to think about the danger he is in when he goes to work, I wouldn't be able to deal with it. The fear that snuck into my life after becoming a mom was something new alltogether. It wasn't just fear of not knowing why he was crying, or fear that he was getting a cold. No this fear goes deeper and never goes away. Yes I push it to the the back of my mind and try and lock it there, but every now and then it comes out. When I hear stories of my highschool friends daughter, that is the same age as my son, getting diagnosed with brain cancer it completely rips my heart out. I can't even control the emotions I feel just knowing that these things happen to these children. Or the stories of the kids who bump their heads at school and then don't wake up from their nights sleep. Ahhhh!! This is the reason I wake up several times a night and check to make sure my son is still breathing. Some might think that is irrational and yes maybe it is to a point, but I can't help it. I never knew the kind of fear and worry being a mother would bring. I fear that I am not doing enough as a mother, I fear that I'm not feeding his soul enough everyday and even tho I really deep down know this is not true, a part of me is so anxious about it. My son is a wonderful child. He is loving, thoughtful, smart, funny and the list could go on and on. I have to keep telling myself that he is this way because his father and I are doing right by him. We show him how to love and be loved, we show him how to help others and be respectful. I have to just keep reminding myself this and keep pushing that fear away so I can truly enjoy every moment. No More Fear!!!
These pics are from his little pillow wrestling match the other night. It's one of his favorite things to do. :)
Lots of Love my friends! xoxoxo
Friday, November 15, 2013
1. I don't like to eat fast food very often, but I do get a little excited when the McDonald's McRib gets added to the menu. Minus the pickles of course. :)
2. I work at a local boutique 1 day a week. I love being able to get dressed up cute for a reason.
3. I am a little scatter-brained. Not to the point of being unorganized, just little things like remembering where I put things or what I was about to do. I blame it on having a million things to do all at one time.
4. I love coloring! Yep like in a coloring book. I buy my son those giant coloring books and could sit there and color forever. It is a source of relaxation for me. :)
5. I would like to open my own business one day.....
Thanks for stopping by! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!! Lots of Love! xoxoxo
Thursday, November 14, 2013
1. I am thankful for my sons love of animals. Big, small, fury and scaley... He loves them all. He gets this both from his father and myself. We have such a soft spot for all animals and it is evidenced by our ever growing zoo. :)
2. I am thankful for patience. This is definitely something that gets better with time. In our family, the older we get the more patience we have.
3. I am thankful for caffeine! This little cup (or 3) gets me through my days in a not so zombie like state. Just kidding, I could function without it, but why when a cup of goodness gives me the energy to clean my house, do my laundry & play with my kiddo when he gets home from school! :p
4. Ever since Jayden was around 3, our yard has been the stomping ground for all the kids in the neighborhood. I am thankful for the friendships that have been made here and I love watching them all grow up together. I love that I have to keep extra snacks and drinks stocked up and not to mention toilet paper! hehe! :)
5. I am SO thankful for mommy/son date days! I mean look at this kid! Am I lucky or what?!! He even opens the door for me, pulls out my chair or lets me in my seat first and I even let him leave the tip! Best days EVER!! :)
I hope everyone is having a fabulous week! Stop by tomorrow for Five RaNdOm Fact Friday! xoxoxo
Monday, November 11, 2013
Our weekend consisted of guitar playing in the dark with only the lights from our bedroom tree twinkling, a shopping mommy/son date day while the hubby worked and some banana bread baking to end our Sunday evening. It was such fun weekend and I am so glad to get to share it with you! Have a wonderful week friends!! xoxoxo
Friday, November 8, 2013
Ok So I've decided to start back up sharing random facts about myself again. I know, I know, you are so excited! hehe :) I have included some random pictures too. They really have nothing to do with my facts, I just thought I'd share. Lots of Love!! xoxoxo
Here we go....
1. I Love receiving mail!! I online shop just so I can have a package come to my house! I mean it's always something I need....
2. I would absolutely love to visit another country, but I am terrified of being on a plane that long. I used to love to fly, but just the past couple years I have such anxiety when in the air. :(
3. I love random acts of kindness. Every year we save a $100 bill and around Christmas time while we are at a restaurant, we will leave it for a tip. We try and make sure it is someone with a family and hope that it will help out during the holidays. :)
4. I grind my teeth in my sleep. Yuck!
5. I am a sucker for frosting in a jar! I will buy it just to eat it with a spoon. It is so yummy!! Especially Funfetti!! :p
I hope you've enjoyed!! Have a Fabulous Friday Friends!!
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
I wanted to share with you my favorite smoothie recipe. The really nice thing about this recipe is that all of the ingredients can be found at Walmart or your local grocery store. I am all for health food stores, but we live about half an hour from the nearest one so it isn't as convenient for me.
The ingredients are:
3 Ounces Vanilla non-fat Greek Yogurt (Calcium and Protein) - This last trip I decided to try the Great Value brand Non-fat Vanilla Greek Yogurt. Honestly I can't tell a difference, except maybe the name brand is a little thicker.
1 Tablespoon Almond butter (Protein) - The only brand I found at Walmart is Jiff. I really like it and it tastes a lot like the other brands I've bought.
1/2 cup frozen Blueberries (Bone healthy Vitamin K and antioxidants) - I buy the Great Value frozen blueberries and love them.
1/2 frozen Pineapple (helps ease digestion and banish bloat!) - Since I can't find GV in the frozen pineapple, I buy the Dole brand.
1 cup Kale - This I buy fresh. If you can't eat it all before it will go bad, puree it and then freeze it into ice cubes. That way you can just throw them in the blender when you are ready.
3/4 cup Water (hydration)
Just throw all of the ingredients in a blender and you've got yourself a healthy breakfast or snack! :)