Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Work Out





So with a new year always comes the urge to restart and be healthy. My hubby and I have been doing crossfit for a while now, but during the holiday months I kind of fall off the wagon. Then January rolls around and the Victoria's Secret swimsuit preview comes out and it kicks my butt in gear. We eat a mainly Paleo diet in our house with the exception of some things. I don't cut out everything sweet or all carbs because I feel the more I put off limits, the more it feels like a diet and not just a way of life. I want us to be overall healthy but we can splurge every now and then.
I thought I would share my Mon-Fri workout routine. It changes from week to week, but this will give you an idea. I do not have a ton of time to workout, so crossfit was perfect! I do 1 song workouts to 30 minute workouts, but nothing more. That is unless I am having a bad day and a good cardio either outside or on the treadmill is just the fix. I hope this helps motivate you or just give you some new and fun workout ideas. :) Here we go.....




Monday -
30 jumping jacks
10 squats
50 Russian twists
20 crunches
10 side lunges
5 jump squats
15 seconds superman
30 jumping jacks




Tuesday -
40 high knees
15 vertical leg crunches
10 incline push ups
20 jumping jacks
10 jack knife sit ups
5 burpees
30 mountain climbers
40 jumping jacks
30 Russian twists




Wednesday - Rest Day




Thursday -
30 jumping jacks
50 bicycles
10 push ups
5 sit ups
10 standing calf raises
10 squats
15 crunches
30 jumping jacks




Friday -
20 jumping jacks
20 butt kickers
10 tricep dips
15 vertical leg crunches
5 jump squats
30 Russian twists
10 jack knife sit ups
10 lunges
30 jumping jacks



On the weekends we do family burpees and try and do 100 a weekend. We also are just active, so I do not really have a set workout schedule for Saturday and Sunday.
Have a Wonderful week love's!!! xoxoxo



I plan on posting what our week of meals look like in the next couple days. ;)

3 comments:

  1. totally am motivated now!!! i have thought about trying cross fit at some point...while i love the running, i would love to be challenged more in other ways and gain lots of motivation when working out around others...we shall see!!! loved this and can't wait to see your meal plans!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I am so glad to motivate you since you motivate me with your running. I say that even tho we can't be workout buddies in person, we can still keep each other going and on the healthy path. :) <3 xoxoxo

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete