Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Random Ramblings



Well Hello friends! This post is going to be a jumble of thoughts. A way to get out the things that are spinning around in my head. A mind cleanse. Enjoy!

So, about a week ago we had to say goodbye to our 14 yr old beagle Daisy. In a way she was like our first child, so to wake up and find that she had peacefully passed in her sleep was beyond hard. We knew it was coming and she was ready but it still did not ease the empty feeling in our hearts. My husband and son were crushed and watching as my hubby buried her was horrible. Jayden goes out and puts flowers by her grave almost every day. Ugh so heartbreaking... but it's getting better. Ok Ok enough with the sad stuff!

On a less sad but annoying note.... Is this winter ever going to end?!!! I am over the snow and below freezing temps. This one day it's 60 and the next it's 6 is not ok! I would blame it on the Midwest but I am pretty sure the weather is wonky everywhere right now. The spring needs to get here ASAP because the stir crazies are settling in.

We decided to go grocery shopping at what we think is the coolest market in the middle of downtown KC this past weekend. It is a little out of our way as far as a grocery store goes, but I just love a reason to head downtown. The hubby was working so Jayden and I invited my mom, dad & sister to join us for lunch. I really think I was supposed to live in the hustle and bustle of the city. I just love it. I would love to walk to the store, coffee shop, park, or wherever else my heart desires, every stinking day. Yes even in the cold. I thrive on the city life. Maybe one day we can live in the center of the fun!

School.... That is probably the biggest issue on my mind right now. My son is currently in 3rd grade at our public school. He does great but I can tell there is something up. Not anything major, I mean he gets all A's or above average grade reports and he has tons of friends, but he isn't overly happy about school. Like when he gets home he just has an attitude for a bit and is tired and just plain cranky. He has many years left of this school thing and I don't want his childhood to consist of this. I never really thought there was any other options and this was something that I would just have to deal with and hope it gets better, but then I started seeing through blogs and IG mamas that homeschooling is becoming more a way of life now. I know it has always been done but it just seems like you see it so much more often lately. I've been praying and just planning and thinking on this daily and the idea is really growing on me. I miss him when he is at school and to think he will be 9 years old in a couple weeks just makes me want to spend every moment I can with him. The thought of teaching him through hands on learning and really going in depth on things that make him happy just sounds perfect to me. It is super scary at the same time. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Lastly I have been drooling over these Minnetonka Leopard Moccs!! They are so cute and I think I need them! I will definitely be adding these to my Mother's Day/Birthday wish list.


I hope everyone has a fabulous Tuesday!! Lots of Love!! xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment